All registration to the Midwest Youth Academy are pre-approved by several methods. The Midwest Youth Academy accepts applicants through several methods:
- Parent/Guardian recommendation
- Church recommendation
- School recommendation
- Law Enforcement/Court recommendation
Each written recommendation must be accompanied by a application that is filled out in person by one of our staff members with the parent/guardian. Each application is reviewed by our staff and a recommendation of what level the cadet will enter is determined.
Contact us by emailing us at email@example.com with a detailed email with the following information:
- Name of Prospective Cadet
- Name of Legal Guardian/Parent
- Age of Prospective Cadet
- Current Grade of Prospective Cadet
- Current Phone Number (for contact purposes)
- Current Email Address (for contact purposes)
- A Brief Summary of the Problem/Issue you are having with the Prospective Cadet and the actions you have taken up to this point.
The academy has a rolling admissions policy, which means we accept cadets regularly throughout the school year. However, Midwest Youth Academy encourages families considering enrollment to do so as soon as possible in order to have enough time to acquire all documents that are necessary for enrollment.
Steps for Application Consideration
1. Submit the completed application and application fee to the Midwest Youth Academy.
2. Transcripts and discipline records are required of all applicants. Deliver the Transcript Request Form to the proper official at your current school. Recommendations from the current school principal or counselor are also required. Please use the Midwest Youth Academy forms provided.
3 . Interviews are required of all parents/guardians of prospective cadets. Please contact the Admissions Office at 773-675-9260 to arrange an interview.
4. All students should be physically capable of fully participating in the military and athletic program at the Midwest Youth Academy. A current physical and immunization record will be required after acceptance.
5.The admissions committee determines acceptance based on evaluation of the application, letters of recommendation, school transcripts, personal interview, and the ability of Midwest Youth Academy to meet the student’s specific educational and personal needs. An applicant’s file must be complete before it can be reviewed by the admissions committee.
Also, if you are interested in registering your son/daughter as a cadet please contact us at:
or call us at
Midwest Youth Academy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, nationality, economic background, or ethnic origin.